Tuesday, October 6, 2009

How much are hair extensions; are they worth the money? what do u think?

The cost really depends on where you live and the type of salon you go to. I live in California across from San Francisco and it averages from $100 to $500 in the salon, with some costing close to a $1000 but not typical! And you also have to add in the cost of hair which can range from $15 to over $100 per pack of hair (avg 1-2 packs).



I really like "weaves" as I call them. I think it's better to get the hair sewn in. It's healthier for you hair and it last longer (usually around 3 months). I think it's worth it, but my cousin does mine for me for about $60 plus the cost of hair (~$60).



Pros: change your hair style temporarily with damage. You can go short or long, Blonde or firehouse red, curly or straight, whatever your hearts desire. Weaves also can allow you hair to rest a little, because usually your hair is braided to you scalp.



There are also weaves that can be glued in and that can be for your whole head or just for length or embellishment. I've tried that to and its a little cheaper. I have gotten highlights by having my beautician glue a few pieces of hair onto my hair. It's fun and definitely worth it as long as it doesn't put a strain on your pocket!

No comments:

Post a Comment