Thursday, July 30, 2009

I would like to get hair extensions. I have short hair. Should I?

I want to but I am worried what my family and people at work will say. If someone turned up to your work with hair extensions, would you be surprised? Maybe I could hide them under a hat. I want to look conservative. Would it look natural and nice and is it best to go your own hair colour or can you go lighter or darker?



I would like to get hair extensions. I have short hair. Should I?

Hi im a hairdresser and i say go for it but only if your willing to fork out for good quality hair extentions you can get them dont cheaply and they will look cheap and nasty and wont last or look natural to get good natural looking extentions your looking at atleast $800 plus but then you dont just get them and thats it you have to go back every few months to maintain them so if your going to get them done then be prepared it pretty expensive hope it helps



I would like to get hair extensions. I have short hair. Should I?

why would you want to get a hair extension. Just take sometime to wait for your hair to grow longer naturally. Hair extension is not good for hair health and why would you do while you think after that you must hide under a hat. Be confident with your short hair now. I believe it looks good:-)



I would like to get hair extensions. I have short hair. Should I?

They may suprised seeing you with long hair. If people have a problem with hair extensions, just shrug it off.



Its your hair and your the one thats wearing it, so make sure you are comfortable with it.



I wouldn't be suprised, I'd think it would be great.



It'll look natural, if the hair extension method is done correctly and well done. With hair extensions you can choose whatever colour you wish to get done. So thats up to you. I'd recommend human hair, not synthetic. Human hair, obviously will be natural. Look for hair thats 'European, Indian, Remy'. Or 'Chinese, Asian, Japanese etc' hair if you are Asian etc



I'd recommend micro rings. They look natural and are easier to maintain and last longer. Unlike glue in's, which can also damage you hair and leave a messy mess when taking them out.



Or, what you could do...is invest in Clip In hair extensions. They're temporary. You can put them in whenever and take them out whenever you feel like it.



I would like to get hair extensions. I have short hair. Should I?

2 types of hair - symthetic and human hair.



symthetic hair is basically barbie hair and human hair is self explained.



3 systems - clip in, glue/bonded, sewn/weaved.



clip in - wefts of hair with clips on and u clip in place, usually made of human hair and can look very natural.



glue/bonded - glued hair is wefts of hair cut to size and glued in, glue tends to damage hair. bonded is extensions tht have applied by heating the keratin bond on the end of extension, then attached to small section of your hair. both types can damage hair if not applied, cared for or removed properly. also have to b careful on what products u use to wash ur hair with as certain types can weaken glue or bonds. these can look very natural.



sewn/weave - ur hair is braided then strips of hair r sewn in. can look very natural, good for if u wanna give ur hair a "break" as its not exposed to the daily elements so hair can grow. can cuase damage if hair pulled to tightly during braiding but less likely to cause damage. no chemicals and no need to use special shampoo's.



if u have short hair/just above shoulder length i recommend using the bonded 1s as these will look more natural for your hair length. all extensions can look natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment